Fundraising Manager (Full-Time)
- Salary: Competitive and Negotiable
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract: Full time, Permanent
- Holidays: 28 days paid holiday + Eid days
- Line Manager: CEO
- Location: London Office (E1)
The Muslim Research and Development Foundation (MRDF) started in 2004 with one purpose, ‘to see a world living upon Divine values.’ Today our projects and guidance spans 7 countries and has developed and provided guidance to thousands of Muslims.
MRDF CARRIES OUT ITS WORK BY:
- Leadership building residential retreats and courses
- Providing educational resources for young adult development programmes
- Providing guidance and research to organisations and online platforms
- Publishing and distributing key literature
We are seeking to appoint a Fundraising Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing the fundraising and donor management strategy for MRDF for it to fulfil its strategic and charitable objectives.
- Meet income targets by developing, implementing and managing the fundraising and donor comms strategy.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction, support and advice to the Fundraising Team to ensure maximum return on fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Grow income over the next 5 years and improve the sustainability of the organisation by proactively securing funds from new income streams, such as grants, major donors, corporate funding and legacy funding.
- Oversee all fundraising activities and functions; initiating, coordinating, and implementing systems, policies, and procedures, ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Developing and presenting regular reports to the CEO, Leadership Team, stakeholders, donors and partners.
- Develop existing fundraising base and build on existing relationships with donors.
- Recruit, manage, and support volunteer fundraisers within the community, helping them to reach their fundraising potential and enabling them to achieve their ambitious fundraising goals.
- Identify and research potential funding opportunities from existing and new funding sources.
- Establish links with voluntary and statutory bodies to help promote the work of MRDF and secure regular funding.
- Grow income from high value funders including corporate partners, charitable trusts and institutions whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities
- Developing long term sustainability plan and fundraising strategy for MRDF
- Develop and implement strategy for legacy giving.
CAMPAIGN & EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Plan and manage fund-raising functions and events, including post-event activities and donor follow-up.
- Developing and coordinate online fundraising campaigns and events.
- Responsible for the development of all marketing collateral to promote fundraising campaigns and events (copy, design and media).
- Organise traditional activities such as sponsored challenges, mosque and community collections, seasonal and grass roots campaigns.
- Establishing links with sympathetic media outlets for fundraising and PR opportunities including ethnic TV and Radio outlets..
- Build and implement a major donor cultivation and relationship management strategy that builds relationships and engagement with major donor prospects.
- Developing and implementing effective donor management strategy with all donors
- Preparing and delivering presentations for potential donors and partners.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all donor and fund development records.
- Accountable for the implementation and management of the Donor CRM system across the fundraising department.
- Responsible for accurate capture and record of Gift Aid data for the Finance Manager
- Ensuring budgets and reports are prepared effectively and accurately
- Tracking of the forecast vs achieved
- Managing operational budget
- Proven record of accomplishment in fundraising, campaigns and event management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Proven record of accomplishment in team management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Substantial experience of planning and managing budget whilst raising an annual income of minimum £1 million
- Proven record of accomplishment of project management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Working within the charity sector and with Muslim communities and organisations
- Wide experience of working in a fundraising environment.
- Experience of developing and delivering fundraising strategy
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High level of initiative, efficiency and self-motivation
- Excellent staff management and inter-personal skills
- Experienced project manager with a natural ability to create processes that empower agile decision-making rather than slow things down.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively to broad cross-section of stakeholders in both verbal and written form.
- Excellent organisational, and time management skills
- Political sensitivity and ability to apply good judgment in decision making
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalents)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Ability to motivate and enthuse staff, colleagues, volunteers, students and external supporters
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to convert dense internal information into fundraising-friendly content for high value audiences.
- High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills.
- Creative, innovative and pro-active.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with key donors.
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to do own administrative tasks
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends to support fundraising events as and when required.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the UK and internationally, including at weekends, where necessary
- Strategic thinking and the ability to spot opportunities
- Confident and assertive, dynamism and the ability to motivate people
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of MRDF
- Broad knowledge, empathy and understanding of Islamic principles
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The post holder must be available for the core hours of 9am-5pm weekdays from our London office.
- The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK, with no contra-indications in personal background or criminal record indicating the unsuitability to work with children, youth, vulnerable clients and finance. A CRB check may be required as appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and two references to [email protected]. Please indicate “Fundraising Manager Application” and your name in the subject heading.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we will not be able to contact applicants unless you are short listed for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 72 hours of the application deadline, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Due to time and capacity constraints, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.