Admin and Finance Manager (Full-Time)
- Salary: Competitive and Negotiable
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract: Full time, Permanent
- Holidays: Up to 35 days annually
- Line Manager: CEO
- Location: London Office (E1)
The Muslim Research and Development Foundation (MRDF) started in 2004 with one purpose, ‘to see a world living upon Divine values.’ Today our projects and guidance spans 7 countries and has developed and provided guidance to thousands of Muslims.
MRDF CARRIES OUT ITS WORK BY:
- Leadership building residential retreats and courses
- Providing educational resources for young adult development programmes
- Providing guidance and research to organisations and online platforms
- Publishing and distributing key literature
We are seeking to appoint an Admin and Finance Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing MRDF’s administrative and financial strategy for it to fulfil its strategic and charitable objectives.
- Developing, implementing and managing MRDF’s finance planning, tracking and reporting strategy.
- Developing, implementing and managing MRDF’s admin and legal reporting strategy.
- Developing, implementing and managing MRDF’s HR planning strategy.
- Risk planning and management.
- Cashflow management to ensure smooth organisational operations.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction, support and advice to the Admin and Finance Team.
- Ensure all compliance policies are created and implemented
- Looking for cost-reduction and efficiency opportunities
- Developing and presenting regular reports to the CEO, Leadership Team and other stakeholders.
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Analysing targets and financial results
- Managing and coordinating monthly reporting, budgeting and reforecast processes
- Providing insights on the financial health of the organisation.
- Monitoring cash flow
- Looking for cost-reduction opportunities
ADMIN AND HR
- Develop and implement Admin and HR strategy
- Ensure that managers and staff are fully aware of HR policies
- Effectively structure benefits programs to attract and retain top talent
- New talent recruitment strategy
- Employee/Volunteer hiring process
- Performance and Appraisal
- Staff and volunteer training and development
- Oversee legal reporting
- Liaising with legal reporting and accountants’ teams.
- Oversee investigations and complex employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Liaising with legal partners for legal advice
- Compliance reporting
- Ensuring budgets and reports are prepared effectively and accurately
- Tracking of the forecast vs achieved
- Managing operational budget
- Proven record of accomplishment in admin and finance with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Experience of creating and implementing financial strategy
- Proven record of accomplishment in team management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Substantial experience of planning and managing budgets
- Financial tracking and reporting experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High level of initiative, efficiency and self-motivation
- Excellent staff management and inter-personal skills
- Experienced manager with a natural ability to create processes that empower agile decision-making rather than slow things down.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively to broad cross-section of stakeholders in both verbal and written form.
- Excellent organisational, and time management skills
- Political sensitivity and ability to apply good judgment in decision making
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalents)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills.
- Creative, innovative and pro-active.
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to do own administrative tasks
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends to support working goals as and when required.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the UK, including at weekends, where necessary
- Strategic thinking and the ability to spot opportunities
- Confident and assertive, dynamism and the ability to motivate people
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of MRDF
- Broad knowledge, empathy and understanding of Islamic principles
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK, with no contra-indications in personal background or criminal record indicating the unsuitability to work with children, youth, vulnerable clients and finance. A CRB check may be required as appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a covering letter, your CV and two references to [email protected]. Please indicate “Admin and Finance Manager Application” and your name in the subject heading.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we will not be able to contact applicants unless you are short listed for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 72 hours of the application deadline, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Due to time and capacity constraints, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.